rp-minecraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All story suggestions welcome!

+4
aldan
SaberWookie
SanTing
Jungberg
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

All story suggestions welcome! Empty All story suggestions welcome!

Post  Jungberg Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:05 pm

I know that SanTing and myself have experience building rp-worlds, but I hope we can all contribute in building a story for our server.

Jungberg
Admin

https://rpminecraft.danskforum.net

Back to top Go down

All story suggestions welcome! Empty Re: All story suggestions welcome!

Post  SanTing Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:31 am

Here's one idea

The story is set in a time much like the 1800's, where the knowledge of the renaissance is well established, but industry is still very undeveloped. We come from an old kingdome that has many colonies, and with much wealth, although only very few share that wealth, and the rest are left poor.

Looking for opportunities, the people of our group didn't think long before accepting the task of going to the far east to explore new land for the kingdom. An established group has already set up a settlement, and begun the task of exploration, with more people coming form time to time. But how will the future of the colony be? Will unimaginable riches be claimed for the kingdom, or will the people change their ways for something they think might be better? The land is dangerous, with natural hazards and monsters that come out at night, all of which are sure to spark conflicts.

Human nature cannot be changed, even in the far east.
But you may try.

SanTing

Back to top Go down

Post  Jungberg Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:12 pm

That sounds like a very good starting point!
Presumably the setting will be much like the old minecraft.dk server in that someone should be leader of the settlers and a representative of the king or queen of the country we are from. Perhaps a Duke, Baron, Viscount or simply a Ship's Captain bold enough to lead an expedition into unchartered waters are now the leader of the settlement? Any volunteers for that task?
I guess we all should start thinking about what characters we would like to play. I feel that I got cut short on the farming-career I had just started on the old server, so I think I would like to pick up where I left off and create a small shop where I can supply our small settlement with bread, hams etc.

SanTing - I see that you have logged on to the server a few times. What do you think of the town as it is? Should we keep using that world or create something new? Any suggestions as to what would make it better?
When we know what world we will be using I will try and find a program to create a medieval-style map to upload to the server homepage.
If we stick with this world I think everyone should start thinking about building themselves a home. No reason to wait with that. Let's say a nice home is the reward for taking part in the creation of the server - that way we can all have a little building-fun until we launch it for real!

Jungberg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SanTing Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:19 pm

It seems fine, scenery isn't all that extravagant though. Do you know if you can take SSP maps and make them into SMP maps?

SanTing

Back to top Go down

Post  Jungberg Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:27 pm

If ssp is a single player map where as smp is a multiplayer map then you can. The currently used map is a single player map I created over christmas where I didn't have any internet connection. No problem in that. Wink

Jungberg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SanTing Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:30 pm

Excellent, I might be able to throw something together. Also, I love adding secrets, that'll be fun.

I'll be on the server again in a bit.

SanTing

Back to top Go down

Post  Jungberg Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:56 pm

Super - just finished with todays work so I'll probably be online in the foreseable future ;O)

Jungberg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SaberWookie Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:38 pm

yay new server! i like the basic story outline, new colonies, kings and queens, all that jazz. im going to make a new character, you mentioned ship captain which got me exploring some thoughts. but ill save all that stuff for a diffferent topic.

i like the town, good starting point, but the world seems kind of lackluster :/ not much to look at, you know? server seems really lag free though which is awesome!

SaberWookie

Back to top Go down

Post  SaberWookie Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:43 pm

just branched out a bit, the worlds actually not that bad, i just saw it at night only at first Razz but thats the whole point of exploring.

SaberWookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Jungberg Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:51 pm

Hey SaberWookie! Good to see you here as well Wink

The world is a 1-shot randomly generated world so nothing very impressive going on there I guess. I believe there's some map-making tools out there if we want something more special. Personally I dont have any strong feelings either way.

I'm glad to hear your not experiencing lag. If my memory serves me correct your the canadian guy? The server is hosted from my own home here in Denmark, so no lag in Canada is very good news.

Jungberg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SaberWookie Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:45 pm

lol yup canada. good stuff. and ya i dont really care about the we build stuff it will look fine

SaberWookie

Back to top Go down

Post  SanTing Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:06 am

I'm going to try and make a base world in SSP that we can use.

SanTing

Back to top Go down

All story suggestions welcome! Empty world story suggestion

Post  aldan Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:37 am

i have an idea for the story, being this:

we are in the dark ages, our land is under siege from monsters of the night and we are loosing, outlying villages are turned into craters overnight and only those who are prepared have a chance of surviving, and even then only a few does, they brought warnings of a threat greater then anything ever seen, the nobility ignored them, and fell as the first.

the monsters were great foes, in numbers larger then the full power of the royal army, and with limited weaponry the army was gone in a matter of days.

the land was suffering under the monsters presence and civil war was almost a reality, then a fisherman brought news of a peaceful land across the sea, he told of the empty land he had found when he fled, being so amazed of the peace and rich lands he went back.

only thing he didn't tall anyone about was an island lying off the coast, with human like creatures living primitively in small huts and holes outside their chieftains larger house, they often prefer a simple life but they desperately need to expand, and therefor some agreed to go on the boat over "the great pool".

you are on your way to a new land, fleeing from a land with no real government and monsters all over, and you are far from alone alone, though not everyone will make it and you know it, but its the last chance of humanity, but now you find that not even a land across the sea is safe, monsters start to emerge from the shadows, but humanity has learned the lesson, now you can fight back.

aldan

Back to top Go down

Post  SanTing Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:38 am

Hey, it's Aldan!

SanTing

Back to top Go down

Post  aldan Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:43 am

it is :}

aldan

Back to top Go down

Post  SaberWookie Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:47 pm

i think it would be cool, if we get a good size of people, to somehow have two opposing sides, or factions of some sort.

SaberWookie

Back to top Go down

Post  SanTing Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:48 pm

FOr the story I suggested, there's a natural progression between a conflict between the upper and lower classes.

SanTing

Back to top Go down

Post  barkingnoise Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:31 am

SanTing wrote:FOr the story I suggested, there's a natural progression between a conflict between the upper and lower classes.

You guys are from Denmark, so I assume that when you write the 1800's, you also MEAN the 1800's? tongue

If so, then it's ideal for player who wants nobles, counts and royalties and as well for players who perhaps want to organize themselves politically.
Also, potential traders and factory-owners should feel comfortable.
The only thing that's not really in line with the times is the fact that the only hand-held range weapon is a bow.

I really like the first idea as it creates a big playground where there are lots of possibilities!
And if we keep it in line with an "American Colonial"-theme, then it should be freely religious. So cults and brotherhoods are almost a certainty.

barkingnoise

Back to top Go down

Post  SanTing Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:37 am

The setting is more Brittish Colonial than America, with strict rule and one 'true' religion. But yeah, the whole idea was to make it quite free, yet with an underlying natural story progression, provoked by several things.

And yes, no guns yet.

SanTing

Back to top Go down

Post  SaberWookie Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:02 am

So what's the religion like, classic god fearing with strict rules? and what's it called? Oh and what does the S stand for?

SaberWookie

Back to top Go down

Post  SanTing Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:11 am

It a casual place, with a large working class. They are however, suppressed by the upper class, who have big mansion, just like in the old country. There is a strict religion, Santhrinism, who worship Santuric. That's where all the S's comefrom, and where the name of the land comes from.

SanTing

Back to top Go down

Post  aldan Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:18 am

wait... didn't we agree that our religion should be sathanism?

I'm just messing with y'all hehe

aldan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jungberg Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:22 am

So we worship your character from the old server SanTing?

In that case I think my character shall be an atheist o_O

Jungberg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SanTing Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:46 am

It's just a joke ^_^

SanTing

Back to top Go down

Post  aldan Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:27 am

I'm an atheist too, that was quite common in that era, and we should have someone to represent most "sides" of our world.

aldan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum